- On average, people reported sleeping 7 hours per night.
The national sleep foundation recommends 7-8hours of sleep per night.
- 55% reported had no trouble sleeping.
- Most (74%) did not report having a diagnosed sleeping disorder.
- 33% of people reported participating in moderate to vigorous physical activity of 150 minutes or more per week; meeting the Diabetes Canada guidelines
- However, from these results, most were considered not sufficiently active (84%) for healthy living.
- Most people (79%) reported following a healthful eating plan on 4 or more days of the week.
- 66% reported eating five or more servings of vegetables and fruits on 4 more days in the last seven days
- 43% avoided consuming high fat foods on 4 or more days in the last 7 days.
- A lot of people (64%) reported being aware of the glycemic index (GI) and stated avoiding eating high GI foods
- Of those who knew the glycemic index (GI), almost half reported choosing low GI foods and revealed they had been doing so for longer than six months.